Daily Anecdotes

Thursday, September 08, 2005

According to my old friend who now lives in north Tehran,"Poleh Roomi" Street, Germany (like Turkey, Britain, Russia and France, late 19th century world powers) has two embassies, two residents in Tehran, one in down town for official daily works and an unbelievably vast, spacious and beautiful garden in the north Tehran as the ambassador’s summer resident. Anyway this doesn't concern us. We just need to know that in recent years Germany has built a few separate two-story houses for her office clerks in her garden. Where the garden ends (in Poleh Romi St.) my friend's garden begins and the eastern corner of the balcony of the house in the embassy meets with the southern corner of the balcony of my friend's house, making an L. They cannot see each other but they can hear each other’s voice if they don’t whisper.
Yesterday this friend of mine was sitting in his balcony eating watermelon with his little daughter when he suddenly and unintentionally over heard this conversation between this office clerk and his wife. The wife said:
I'm worried about this new gardener, this, what's his name "Akar kazni"?
The husband, who apparently was eating watermelon or cucumber, interrupted her: Don't worry about him.
Listen to me Sigrid! (not his real name) when you are out he comes into the house...
The husband still eating: I said don't worry about him he is a crazy old man, don't pay any attention to him, and his name is "Akbar Ghazvini" not "Akar...
Fuck his name! I don't believe it! Are you listening to me...
Ye, ye, I'm listening. I told you my dear don't pay any...
Are you insane?!...
Not me, him...
I'm telling you when you are out, he comes inside the house and he fucks me, and does it not like any other man I know...
The husband still eating: I told you, he doesn't know what he is doing, don't worry.
What?!!!
I'm telling you darling, don't worry about it, If you must know, he comes inside the house when you are out and he fucks me too, he is crazy.

7 Comments:

  • They were speaking Geerman I presume then?! So ur freind's German has improved over the years I would guess :D

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Thu Sep 08, 11:34:00 PM  

  • Miss "me"!in fact they speak German, with one e, but still you have a great point. Very clever baby!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Fri Sep 09, 08:37:00 AM  

  • well done kam for your blog, encouragement for keeping it up to date!
    A work Colleague. M.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Sat Sep 10, 12:30:00 AM  

  • Do you know if he charges extra for that or if all those services are included in his normal gardener’s salary? It’s just that I told this story to a friend of mine and he said that he was in fact looking for a gardener as well and asked me to ask you that question, which surprises me since when I think about it now he doesn’t even have a garden.

    I have made you a statistic counter account. I will email you about it tomorrow.
    By the way you also have links to you blog on ‘Kamshots’ and ‘Daily dose of imagery’

    PS Don’t worry about that last anonymous comment. I think that’s a workmate of Kamyar’s who having lost his way has left his comment on here instead of on kamshots.

    By Blogger Shirin, at Sat Sep 10, 04:32:00 AM  

  • Pardon for the double "e" ;) hopefully won't happen again ;p
    BTw, gazankhan reminds me of that old cartoon they used to show in Iranian TV: Zebelkhan. R U relatives by any chance?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Sun Sep 11, 06:40:00 PM  

  • Then next scene could be the woman jumping off the balcony, or swallowing a cluster bomb.
    Your stories are sooo graphic !!! By that, I mean when ever I read one of your writings, I feel I'm there. They are hilarious !
    Please write more often. I can't tell you howmuch I love your work (esp. my lovely lovely precious Pir Hossein) .

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Tue Sep 13, 04:48:00 AM  

  • Thanks my dear Yugi, who are you? You are not Shirin I'm sure! Or are you?! No I don't think so.
    Anyway I made some one talk at last, it's a good sign I guess.

    By Blogger GazanKhan, at Tue Sep 13, 08:52:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home